Monday, June 7, 2010

Little fish

I took my daughter swimming for the first time yesterday. She’s almost 7 months old and I’ve been eager to get her in the pool for a few months, but other things always seemed to get in our way.

I wasn’t sure how she was going to react to the water. She likes her baths now, but they were no fun in the beginning. She used to scream bloody murder in her little tub. I dreaded them. I had to cover her tummy with a towel to get her to like them. Now she splashes around and has a good time, but still I wondered how she would she react to swimming? So much water at a little cooler temperature?

She loved the pool! She was like a little fish. She was splashing and kicking and loved feeling of being buoyant. Her favourite was lying on her back and floating (with my support of course). She put her head back and let the water fill her ears. She had a HUGE grin on her face. I wonder what she was thinking. She obviously thought it sounded pretty cool underwater! She loved grabbing on to the edge and kicking her feet out behind her. She loved watching all of the other kids playing too. She even eyed up a few of the water toys. We may have to snag one next time!

I can’t wait to take her swimming again. It was one of the best hours we’ve ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment